Monday, May 26, 2008

Journeys of Happiness

It has been quite some time, perhaps more than a year, that I thought I shallshare my views on the many issues facing us - global, regional, national andlocal- covering economic, social, politic, environment, education etc. on the blog.However, I was concerned that I might not be able to post the messages on aregular basis. I am glad that today, inspired by the article in the Star on bloggingI have decided to plunge into it.I have given the title of the blog 'Journeys of Happiness' as I have found thatone's life is made up of little journeys - working inthe offices, time with the family,regular exercises, walking in the parks, tilling in the garden, meeting friendsand discussing current issues, making new acquaintances, having healthy meals,listening to the music, watching good programmes on the TV, dancing, reading,having adequate rest, travelling etc. - done in the right spirit and proper way, willbring joy and happiness. After all, achieving happiness is what I live for.As early as the Greek Renaissance, Aristotle pointed out that men live to behappy. The Chinese philosopher, Lin Yutang, in his book 'The Importance of Living'described with humour how to achieve happiness through many artistic waysof doing things - the art of sitting down, the art of smoking, the art of sleeping etc.A more recent writer, Edward de Bono, known for his lateral thinking concepts,in his book 'The Happiness Purpose' indicated that the overriding pupose of livingis happiness. In this book, he provided his recipes for reaching there.It is through this blog that I hope we can share our journeys towards attaining happiness.with humour the many little The lateral thinker, Edward de Bono,

No comments: